A one-of-a-kind collection of calibrated soil samples designed to help test your soil classification and texturing analysis in the field using:
- Unified Soil Classification System
- USDA Soil Textures
The MIDWESTGEO SUPER SOIL KIT is comprised of 9 soil samples that classify within eight USDA textural classifications, but have also been classified according to the Unified Soil Classification System.
This kit is the most powerful tool ever designed for learning how to classify soil with accuracy and confidence! This unique collection of soil samples is classified using not only the USDA and USCS, but includes instructions and helpful hints for simplifying classification procedures in the field.
SPECTRUM OF BENEFITS
- See and feel a wide range of common soil classifications according to both the USCS and the USDA Soil Textural system
- Practice classifying soil accurately, efficiently and with confidence.
- Improve the reliability of your soil texturing skills.
- Feel the contrast between Silt (ML), Lean Clay (CL) and Fat Clay (CH).
- See and feel variable sand fraction in cohesive soil samples.
- Learn the contrasting differences between soil texturing and soil classification procedures.
- Learn the definition of "Silty Clay" and why it's discouraged as a USCS field classification. Learn what to correctly use in the field instead.
- Discover the differences between USCS lab and field classifications.
- Create field efficiencies through practicing your soil classification skills.
- Improve your project profitability while raising reliability of your work, and lowering the risk of a wrong soil classification.
The soil kit ... is the perfect tool for training soil classification prior to in-field training when (staff) need to concentrate on site characterization, sample interval, contamination, water, construction vehicles...
-Becky Caudill, Natural Resource Technologies, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
MIDWESTGEO SUPER SOIL KIT includes:
- 9 Soil Samples, 200+ ml each
- Summary Sheet showing particle fraction and Atterberg Limits
- Grain size curve showing both SP and SW soils lab results
- Plasticity chart showing soils lab USCS classification results
- USDA triangle showing soils lab-based textural results
- Includes "Modified USCS Designation" for classifications used in Canada and Australia
- FIELD GUIDE FOR SOIL AND STRATIGRAPHIC ANALYSIS
- USDA SOIL TEXTURING FIELD FLOW CHART
- Plastic jar containers with lids and labels
- Quiz Sheet
- 5-page laminated field sheets of HELPFUL HINTS
- Answer Key
||FAT CLAY (CH)
||LEAN CLAY (CL)
||LEAN CLAY (CL)
||Silty Clay Loam
||LEAN CLAY WITH SAND (CL)
||SANDY LEAN CLAY (CL)
||SILTY SAND (SM)
||POORLY GRADED SAND (SP)
||WELL GRADED SAND (SW)
MIDWESTGEO SUPER SOIL KITs will be discontinued when they are sold out.
Terms and Conditions related to this item:
1. Orders are on a first come, first served basis.
2. Purchase Orders are acceptable, but payment must be received before the item is released to the buyer.
3. Orders must be placed online. Phone orders not accepted.
4. International buyers are responsible for any customs declarations and related international shipping fees. Midwest GeoSciences Group cannot guarantee final schedule or delivery past arrival at destination of customs inspection point.
5. Nine USDA textural classification classes are guaranteed to be included in the item.
6. Orders may be cancelled, but orders purchased with a credit card are subject to a 10 percent fee.
7. Midwest GeoSciences Group warranties condition of item at time of shipment. If buyer receives items in damaged condition due to shipping, MidwestGeo will replace either specimens or entire item. Buyer must contact MidwestGeo within 2 days of delivery confirmation to claim damaged items. MidwestGeo reserves the right to warranty specimens or entire item.
8. Do not put soil samples in your mouth.
Learn relationships between different common classification systems
(shipping in the US: $39.00)
(shipping in Canada: $58.00)
(shipping outside the US and Canada: $85.00)